Splurge on the fancy cinnamon spice tea, fresh-pressed cider for
It’s no fun to turn on the heat for the first time only to realize that the
Take a walk around the outside of your home this weekend and make
Not so in love with your laundry room? For a quick update, bring in a vase of fresh flowers and treat yourself to a new laundry basket you love. Have a few more dollars (and hours) to invest? Hang a new wall shelf to hold your laundry supplies or swap out the light fixture for one that suits your style.
With (typically) more mild weather and golden light, early fall can be
If you grew herbs in your garden this year and they’re producing more
- Wash freshly cut herbs and dry lightly with a dishcloth or paper towels.
- Tie herbs into small bundles using rubber bands, twine or twist ties.
- Hang bundles indoors, out of direct sunlight, until dry and crispy.
- Once fully dried, store your herbs in airtight containers for six to 12 months.
September is Disaster Preparedness Month, and with hurricane season
- Pack disaster kits for your home and cars. The American Red Cross has a good checklist if you need guidance on what to include.
- Plan and practice for an evacuation from your home.
- Make a plan for staying in contact and meeting up with your family.
- Be sure your pets are microchipped or wearing tags in case you get separated.